E is for Easter

Challenges
Simon Says Wednesday: Anything
Just Add Ink: E
Addicted to Stamps: Make Your Mark

I follow a blogger that offered a mini course on creating daffodils. She suggests that they be made with mulberry paper. Because I have limited supply of that paper and the order I placed for copy paper sent Text Vellum instead I decided to give the Text Vellum a go. It worked beautifully (plus it makes very sharp clear copies with a interesting texture while still being very white so it is a keeper). The rolled roses are made from layering weight white cs that was colored with colorburst. Greenery, boarder and wreath were cut on Silhouette then colored with copics and shaped. Stamped bunny and sentiment on my new favorite paper “Text Vellum” and fussy cut then added glossy accents to sentiment. Used tulle that was white till I sprayed it with shimmer spray. All is mat & layered on two colors of pp then on white cs base. I made the stamens with white string that had their ends painted with White Enamel Accents.

What is Steampunk?

Challenges
Simon Says Monday: Steampunk
Krafty Chicks: Occasions

Having limited to no experience in steampunk, I gave it a go (not even sure what it means). Started with leftover bg from playing with stencils and sprays. Added embossing folder with black ink on the raised portions. Made the letters backwards but I tried to cover those up. Next added arrow stencil with stencil paste in white, allowed to dry then placed the stencil back down and sponged a light gray on. Rubbed two edges of bg piece with black ink then dipped in silver embossing powder and heat set. Moved on to the elements. The doily was Silhouette cut then printed graphics on tissue paper and glued on. The leaves are a two stamp and die cut then crimped. Gears are Silhouette cut in white cs then heat set in silver, it only took two applications. The green tag was Silhouette cut in white cs then tissue paper glued on, that was dry embossed folder, placed in color burst and rubbed with black ink pad, dried between application. Screw heads on tag are black Enamel Accents dots with the edge of poky tool laid across before completely dry for screw head slot effect. Hello sentiment was Silhouette cut in white cs then glossy accents once glued in place.

Dry Embossing, Kind-of

Challenge
Fusion: Cake
Sunday Stampers: Color

When I saw the challenge over at Fusion, I knew I wanted to use the sketch part for my layout. I cut the white cs into rectangles first then placed them on a temporary base layer then dry embossed that. Next I removed the pieces so I could use the deboss side and then swiped the navy ink pad over the top third then the green pad over the bottom part, then rubbed all edges across navy ink pad then adhered to light gray cs piece. This was mounted on white cs base. Cut sentiment mat on Silhouette then stamped sentiment in navy.

Elk

Challenge
Allsorts: Animal Kingdom
Little Red Wagon: Leftovers

My husband wanted a card to send to a hunting buddy that did not have a sentiment. I had been playing with tissue paper and wanted to see how it reacted with stencil paste. This is a paper stencil cut on the Silhouette. After I had placed the tissue paper in color burst of orange then yellow then purple and allowed it to dry after each application I sponged black on lower edge then used thinned white glue to adhere the tissue to white cs base. Once dry I used the stencil and purple glitter gel with pallet knife. The tissue stayed glued down and took the gel with no problem. I had cut the piece smaller than intended so put a leftover piece of tissue as mat layer. This is all placed on purple layer with a white die cut frame. He is very happy with the finished card.