Cutout Bouquet

I had made this card before so the design was saved on my Silhouette. Cut the base out of layering weight white cs and the top out of white Text Vellum. I had seen this technique used with water colors and wanted to give it a go. Heat embossed the image in the Text Vellum with Platinum embossing powder. Then placed the cutout on my work station, added clear water to just one area, then dropped in water color. As each section dried I added more water then colors. Then used the colors on my mat and the brush to splatter the yellow and red. Used burlap wall paper as ef for texture and to flatten the piece. Attached to cutout base. Sentiment was heat embossed in purple embossing powder on cutout words shape then popped up.

Maybe I did not leave enough white space to get the effect I was shooting for but the end result is defiantly worth saving and sending. Terry thinks it is the perfect Mothers Day card. Hope this shows the shimmer in the heat embossing.

Sharing this with

Sweet Stampin’: No Squares Allowed

Mildrid Bird

Alphabet Challenge wants B is for Bird. I printed the JMC Designs image on white Text Vellum and colored with water colors then markers and even white gel pen. Sponged on the geometric stencil and then layered behind Silhouette cut frame. Sentiment was Silhouette cut sponged with Mod Podge then heat set foil in hot pink. Layered on top of yellow pp that is mounted on white cs base. If this does not make you smile you are perhaps not right in the head.

Sharing this with

Alphabet: B is for Bird

Spring or Summer?

The challenge at As You Like It is to depict Spring or Summer then state why you choice it. One would think with my creation I would say spring, and I do love spring. But spring in the Rockies is a few days at best. Wind usually blows off the pear blossoms and the freezing nights keep spring flowers at bay so we head straight to summer. If I have to pick a favorite season it would easily be Indian Summer. Cool nights, hot days and all the work of summer is over. But then again I love the season I am in at the moment, so yea its spring.

I drew the circle on white Text Vellum with a gel marker then stamped the tulips with masking at the bottom. Stamped greenery in black ink, then water colored the scene. Once dry I added the quote I found online and printed on white Text Vellum then trimmed and attached. Ran the piece through wall paper in linen to emboss then mounted on light blue dry embossed cs that was mounted on white cs base.

Sharing this with

As You Like It: Spring or Summer and Why

New technique on Silhouette

I had created the b&w version of the foal online from a pic of few years ago. I was shooting for a sepia tone by adjusting the colors within my Silhouette but this more than yellow photo is what printed out. It had been in the trash thinking my new technique was a bust. Then I saw this gray cs laying on the trimmer and I decided to use it to frame my highly played with photo. I used white colored pencil to add back in some contrast in the image and a few black marker lines to redefine the body, mane and foretop then mounted on a thick smaller piece of cs. I ran the gray layer through my embossing machine with a piece of wall paper in linen look for the detail. Swiped a darker gray ink pad over the embossing then added in the score lines. Sentiment and pin stripping tag were printed from the Silhouette on white sticker paper, peeled backing and attached. Added a few yellow bling and mounted on white cs base.

It feels like a great guy card but any of my girl friends would love it too. I am liking the straight geometric lines and how sweet the foal looks. Our last foal was born today, now to the business of getting the mares bred back.

Sharing this with

Fab ‘n Funky: New

Always Fun: ATG

Stencil Butter Playtime

I had the Pantone Colors on my mind and wanted to try my stencil butters with the gel plate. This started with the Gamboge and Sterling Silver colors of stencil butters. Using my brayer I added a thin coat of the Gamboge to the gel plate, then placed on the geometric stencil and brayer on the Sterling Silver. Topped all this with white acrylic paint applied with brayer and pulled the print with white cs. What a disappointment, looked just like I had used the stencil and spatula but with huge holes in the colors and a heck of a lot more steps with cleaning along the way. Plan B: This center piece is the Gamboge spread on white cs with a spatula. Once dry I placed the stencil and using spatula applied the Sterling Silver. Done. Flower was stamped in black ink on tissue paper that was torn down and glued on. Sentiment strips were printed on sticker paper and placed on the printed pp of b&w stripes. The mat layer is actually from the first attempt where I used white Text Vellum to mop up the excess butter on my glass mat where I had been loading my brayer. Rubbed the edges with my finger dipped in the Sterling Silver butter. Added stamen dots with yellow paint pen then mounted all on white cs base.

To test my layout I had added a small amount of dot adhesive to the back of each piece and began trying different configurations. Once I found the one that worked for me I lifted each corner and ran the dot adhesive just on the corners. This created a very organic feel to the overall card because the altered pieces don’t lay flat. I like this idea, instead of fighting with these wonky pieces asking them to be flat, I can just go with there natural state. I do love the shimmer the butters bring when they are applied.

Sharing this with

Crafting Happiness: ATG

Pammies’s Inky Pinkies: ATG

The Crafters Cafe: Flowers