Going for that Old Time Look

face

Challenges

Inkspirational: Face

Simon Says Wednesday: Favorite Tool

Simon Says Monday: Happy Birthday

I love stencils and I just got a set of three that needed to see what they had. This one was placed on white Paper Vellum, full sheet, and added red acrylic paint. That was a disaster, the paint went everywhere and you could hardly make out the stencil. I let that dry and cleaned the stencil. Laid stencil back down and sprayed red shimmer spray. That helped define the stencil more but the center was still not visible. The last attempt at saving this piece was to place the cleaned stencil down one more time and add beige colored molding paste. Took the stencil off and added silver acrylic paint splatter. Once I started trimming the piece down I found I liked the look of strips. Used one of the off stencil areas that got shimmer spray to cut the oval tag and rubbed both these pieces with red ink pad. The frame and sentiment were cut on the Silhouette, the frame in white and the sentiment in reverse with sticker paper. I sprayed the sentiment tag and frame with vintage spray. Placed the sticky face of the sentiment on silver foiling and then glued that on the tag. My bg piece is a linen look paper that I had from a free download years ago and printed it out. The girl circle was the other stencil strip that I had been playing with and it got all the same attention this strip got but I added the image of the girl that was printed on tissue paper and glued on. I did not like the full image adhered but did like the idea of die cutting. Once everything was adhered to white cs base I added the pink bow.

Tip: News Flash – Pixie spray on tissue paper that is placed on copy paper holds perfectly to print. Removes easily and the sticky is all but gone. Does not interfere with printing or gluing. Don’t tell anyone but it has the look of rice paper once attached. Now I can use a small piece of tissue paper and print only what I want and not waste the whole sheet. I lay the tissue paper in the trash to spray sparingly before placing it on the copy paper.

Resized_20200808_173257 (002)

 

Fruity Birthday

Resized_20200807_103724 (002)

Challenges

Fusion: Fruit + Sketch

Simon Says Monday: Happy Birthday

I don’t have any fruit stamps but there is an adult coloring book with a page of fruit that I copied and fussy cut this pineapple. Then colored with copics and added glossy accents. Popped up with dimensional glue on Paper Vellum that has colored base and boarder. The bg for this project is a very old piece I did months ago and honestly don’t remember how it was constructed but know it is mixed media of sprays, paints and stencil. The tags are copy paper and cs, right piece was dry embossed. Edges of all pieces were rubbed on dark brown ink pad to tie them all together then added white and black dots on most layers. Sentiment and foliage are Silhouette cut and adhered.

Red Dots & Butterfly

Resized_20200805_142009 (002)

Challenges

Inkspirational: Photo

Double Trouble: Dog Days

Double D: Butterflies

My plaid bg was computer generated last year and got the flourish added in black ink stamping. The butterfly was also stamped in black ink on white Paper Vellum, fussy cut then heat embossed with clear chunky. Sentiment was cut in reverse with Silhouette on sticker paper. The sticky side got fine glitter then sent through Xyron and adhered to red dot  pp.  Behind the butterfly is quilting thread in a bundle and attached with a glue dot. Wings of butterfly are curled and popped up. Edges of papers were rubbed with black ink pad and attached to white cs base.

Tip: I have such a love/hate relationship with glitter. Love the look – hate the mess. I finally found a way to use it with minimal extra all over. I keep a letter size sheet with the color of glitter written on the outside, it folded in half and all the sheets stay in a plastic shipping sleeve. This way when I use that color of glitter it is only on that one sheet and extra gets tapped back in the jar and closed without trying to remove every bit. The sheet goes straight back in the sleeve.  I do work over the trash can and a small pastry brush does a great job of knocking off extra on my project and my hands straight into the trash.

Dunes at the Beach

Dunes

Challenges

CAS Mix UP: Watercolor + Beach

Make My Monday: CAS

Allsorts: Make it Masculine

I had seen a photo of some reeds on the dunes near the beach and decided to give it a go. The Paper Vellum got blue sky with water color. While that dried I accordion folded some tissue paper. Slightly opened and glued to lower half. I stamped in black and three shades of yellow the reeds and sentiment in black on another piece of tissue paper which was glued on. Added blue shadows with water color to valley of the tissue paper dunes and white to the mountain portions. Needed to add the hills in the bg with more white water color. Smeared a little gray ink pad with sponge for shadows in the reeds. Die cut the front panel and attached all to a white cs base.

Bee-ing together

Bees

Challenges

Sweet Stampin: Anniversary

Little Red Wagon: Give Us Your BG

Krafty Chicks: Anything Goes

My sister and her husband are soon celebrating their wedding anniversary so I made this for them. It was a white piece of Paper Vellum that I stamped and heat set in clear the honeycomb pattern in the corners and the heart for the center. Then I smooched in yellow and orange color burst. The blue is water color, how it did not turn green when brushed over the yellow is a mystery. The couple and sentiment were stamped in black on the card. The couple and small bee were stamped in black on some white sticker paper and then fussy cut and attached. Colored with black sharpie and yellow colored pencil. The heart was not showing up enough so I went over the dashes with white acrylic paint in a fineline bottle. This was layered on light blue cs then white cs base.