Kazoo-a-Long

As the crazy cousin over at Double Trouble I wanted to add this to the designers creations. The theme is to add music+zoo animal+layout. My music addition is the heat embossed sheet music in silver on the color burst lifted off of a stencil bg. This was accomplished by adding versa mark to an ef and pressing this to the bg then heat setting the silver powder. Added the orange ticking pp strip and white dots to fit the layout. As far as the focal image, that might be seen in a zoo, it is a digi that was water colored, fussy cut, white gel pen highlights and popped up. Added glossy accents to eye and plums. Silver edge and white cs base is Christmas leftovers. Sentiment was part of the digi set from JMC Designs, printed and edges stamped in black. Once done I realized I wanted more of the music theme to show through. I found this image of floating notes online from a child’s coloring book, printed it on tissue paper and used white glue to attach to the front of this card.

Tips: When working with tissue paper, use light adhesion spray on copy paper then lay your tissue paper on this. You can then use copier to create image. The tissue sticks when you want and removes easily to be able to use it. When trimming to fit space use a watercolor brush loaded with water to outline the image then tear along the water line. This gives you a torn edge that feathers in when glued in place.

Challenges I am sharing this with

Try Stampin’ On Tuesday: Sketch

New Embossing Folder & New Mask

This image started out as layering weight white cs smooched in color burst of purple and yellow. Added more color with sponging those colors around outer edges. Placed flower silhouette stencil and added gold paste. Once dry ran the piece through embossing machine with new 3D lace folder using homemade aperture mask so center was not embossed in an oval shape. A stamp buddy suggested using cs in several layers to make mask which worked perfectly (thanks Diana I did use 3 layers of 100lb. cs). Highlighted embossing with black ink pad swiped across ridges. Used Silhouette cut sentiments and mounted on white cs base. Added white and black gel pens to highlight.

Challenges I am sharing this with

The Flower Challenge: Embossing Hear or Dry

The Crafters Cafe: “New new embossing folder

Allsorts: Something New new embossing mask

Flowers in Silhouette

The challenge at Perfectly CAS is to use only 1/3 for design elements. Here I created a piece of Layering weight white cs placed on a stencil that was laying in a pool of color from color burst in purple and yellow. Lifted the paper to dry and cleaned the stencil. Placed the stencil back down and added black modeling paste. Cleaned stencil once more. Placed the stencil back down then another stencil with dots and added transfer paste. Not because I was going to add foil but because I wanted the dimension and shine that the paste would add. Stamped sentiment in black and added clear heat embossing. Backed the design piece with thin cardboard and mounted on white cs base.

Challenges I am sharing with

Perfectly CAS: Stencils

The Creative Crafters; Anything Goes

Happy Little Stampers: Stencils

Winter Feel Better

This is a small note card (3 1/2 x 4 1/4) using trimmings from another project that created this handmade bg and snowflake. I added the heat embossed in tinsel sentiment and then used the versa mark around the edges and dipping only the edge in the powder and heat set for the silver frame. Splatter is Aged Black Embossing Enamel added by dabbing the versa mark pad on surface then smooching paper in powder spread on a scrap paper. Be sure to remove extra enamel with fine dry brush and heat set from the back. This powder can be very dimensional if heat set lightly. If you get it too hot it flattens out and becomes dull plus if you heat set from the top most of the enamel fly’s off.

Challenges I am sharing this with

Crafting Happiness: B-Brrr

CAS on Friday: Feel Better

Hand Stamped: Photo Inspiration

CAS Mix Up: Splatter + Stamping + Mixed Media

New Mask

The elements here have quite a story that started with the parchment colored tissue paper. It was used to wrap around a gift in a bag that we received recently. I knew I wanted to print on this tissue but could not decide what to use. When I was clearing out some files I found a never used freebie digi from last year (the heart floral). Once printed and glued to Text Vellum I used copic to color but then what? I had the idea to use the Silhouette to cut the center out and use the remainder as a mask. Once the mask was laid down in place I added black modeling paste. Once that was dry I still did not have any idea how to actually make this into a card. I knew not much would fit the small space so when searching the internet for inspirational single words, I came across this quote and had to make that work. Created and cut out the Courage with Silhouette on layering weight white cs and Star Fish font. The rest of my quote was printed on more of the tissue paper and attached. Had I started this project with a plan I could have printed the heart and quote in one pass, but now that it is attached I kind of like the face that the tissue around the quote is doubled.

Challenges I am sharing this with

Inkspirational: Mask

Funkie Junkie: Put a good work in

Always Fun: Something New new way to mask, new digi