I had the Pantone Colors on my mind and wanted to try my stencil butters with the gel plate. This started with the Gamboge and Sterling Silver colors of stencil butters. Using my brayer I added a thin coat of the Gamboge to the gel plate, then placed on the geometric stencil and brayer on the Sterling Silver. Topped all this with white acrylic paint applied with brayer and pulled the print with white cs. What a disappointment, looked just like I had used the stencil and spatula but with huge holes in the colors and a heck of a lot more steps with cleaning along the way. Plan B: This center piece is the Gamboge spread on white cs with a spatula. Once dry I placed the stencil and using spatula applied the Sterling Silver. Done. Flower was stamped in black ink on tissue paper that was torn down and glued on. Sentiment strips were printed on sticker paper and placed on the printed pp of b&w stripes. The mat layer is actually from the first attempt where I used white Text Vellum to mop up the excess butter on my glass mat where I had been loading my brayer. Rubbed the edges with my finger dipped in the Sterling Silver butter. Added stamen dots with yellow paint pen then mounted all on white cs base.
To test my layout I had added a small amount of dot adhesive to the back of each piece and began trying different configurations. Once I found the one that worked for me I lifted each corner and ran the dot adhesive just on the corners. This created a very organic feel to the overall card because the altered pieces don’t lay flat. I like this idea, instead of fighting with these wonky pieces asking them to be flat, I can just go with there natural state. I do love the shimmer the butters bring when they are applied.
Sharing this with