This is a stamp that I don’t use much and it sure fit this busy bg. Once the bg was made, I stamped the flower spray in black and colored with combo of copics and water color. Added gold and white gel pen dots for stamina and splatter look plus gold glitter glue on blue flowers. Sentiment stamped in black and Silhouette cut with added mat layer. Bottom boarder is single strip of check pp. All are mounted on white cs base. This is for John Matsushima 100th birthday (if you eat beef you should thank him). His daughter is hoping for as many cards as possible, email me for his address if you can send him one.
For the bg, I tried a new to me technique. I have avoided the alcohol inks because of limited space to store another whole line of colors but I watched a video of a gal that makes her own with sharpie markers cut open and soaked in alcohol. That gave me the idea to use reinkers of a combination kind. Placed several drops directly on glass mat. Sprayed on blending solution then smacked glossy photo paper. While wet used a hand held dust puffer to create movement. Did each color one at a time and waited for the alcohol to dry between sessions. I did smear the top with clear gesso, knowing I was going to be stamping and adding more color. That is what created the smears and splotches on the green in the right side. Turned out ok, but was more defined color before the gesso. I know that is one of the reasons for using purchased alcohol inks is that they have a varnish type product to seal the design in.
Tip: Not all puffers are created equal. I tried the one I got to use in the craft room and it was good but my husband has one for cleaning off binoculars and scopes that has more puff and worked much better. So get a strong one, too
Challenges I am sharing this with