This was kind of a tricky one, because the colors reminded me more of a baby card and I did not need one. So I took one of my linen practice bg (this one I smooched the color once the paper was dry embossed) and added gold and blue splatter. Next I added the blue reinker to clear gesso and put that through a dot stencil. For the focal image, I smooched the light blue then masked the sky and sponged the light blue, stamped a pink tree and tied gold twine around both pieces that are mounted on white cs base. The corner tag was a leftover cutout that I snipped the angle and glued copic colored sentiment that has the clear gesso and glossy accents. The bg may be too busy for CAS but I made it just for the challenge so I am entering it anyway.
Saw a video on the internet called Black Ice Technique but mine did not look even close. It did make an interesting focal piece. First you stamp in black then rub with black ink pad on gold a shiny paper. I colored mine with copics. Then you rub versa mark gently over the whole surface then heat set clear embossing powder. My powder bubbled behind the pumpkins but stayed flat on the markers. I mounted this behind a black linen cs with center cut out. This is mounted on white cs base.
Layered the brayer colored linen pieces on gold foil layer on the white cs base. Stamped the wreath in several colors and added gold watercolor accents. Splattered that with white then mounted sentiment that is double layered.
Tip: Found a tip the other day that suggested using 4:1 of acrylic paint to water to achieve splatter. They used an old toothbrush and their thumb. Works great but is a bit messy. I still use my splatter brush, it has fat bristles that are blunt cut. I can hold the bristles not in paint to fan/flick. I have more control this way but I do like theis proportion of paint to water for splatter.
I had been looking for an embossing folder that would give cs that subtle linen look but to no avail. Then I decided to make my own. There was some ticking material leftover from a pillow project so I cut and glued a piece to white cs. I then created the folder by adding a clear tape hinge and another piece of white cs cover. Spritzed the white layering weight paper with water then ran through embossing folder and got just the look I was hoping for. Then I placed blue ink from pad onto glass mat, spritzed with water and ran brayer in ink then linen paper. Added a few streaks from the edge of the ink pad spritzed with perfect pearls water then layered on white cs base. Added tags in white black and shimmer with some Silhouette cut greenery. Sentiment is Silhouette cut, glued on and shadow lines added with black marker. The challenge at AYSI wanted the card completed in 10 minutes or less. Because I made the pp along with several others as experiments seeing how my linen folder was going to work out and all the other elements were pre-cut it did only take 7 minutes to put this all together.
I took some creative licence on this sketch but really wanted to try the new stencil with the design. Top snowflake was sponged on white cs with the dark purple then removed the stencil and sponged the light purple. Created curve with french curve draftsman template and cut by hand. Covered this layer with Mod Podge to add depth and shine but lost some of the design so tried adding dark purple with sponge. That made the lose worse, so put the stencil back down and sponged sparingly with black. Mounted that on white cs layer with the light purple sponged through the stencil. Sprayed this whole layer with perfect pearls in water. Cut sentiment on Silhouette then sponged the two purples, glued on and added glossy accents. Mounted on light purple cs and base.