The product used to create the bg is called Liquid Metal but not the true metal look I was hoping for. This was my first time using it. The liquid was mixed in some white gesso and spread on a stencil, then I placed white layering weight cs on top and pressed. Fussy cut one edge and trimmed to fit the white base. The sentiment was cut on Silhouette and paint brush with Liquid Metal. Once dry, the words were heat embossed twice with clear then glued on. To try and get the look of welding slag, I splattered silver acrylic paint and painted the center of some of the gears.
Made the plaid to match the color challenge at Sunday Stampers. Next, I added the leaf stamped layer and heat embossed sentiment in black. This is on an A6 size white cs base. Starting to like this size more and more all the time. Slightly more real estate to create on. The only down side is when I make my envelope, this requires a 12×12 sheet (can not be make out of copy paper).
I do lots of thank you cards, so the challenge that wanted us to use the die we go to most was an easy one for me. The bg is made with wreath builder using a swish and a sparkle stamps in several colors. Mounted on yellow layer then craft layer and then on white cs base. The word got cut twice, one colored then they were off-set from each other. Once glued on card the colored one got a coat of glossy accents and the stairs got some glitter glued on.
Love the Tartan Maker site. The colors are from the challenge and used SIlhouette to duplicate the plaid square to make this bg. Heat embossed the dots lines to both the bg and tag and then sponged the turquoise to tie the two layers together. Stamped sentiment in the same turquoise. Sprayed the whole thing with silver shimmer.
Tip: Once you download the single square from the Tartan Maker to your Silhouette you can resize it to a 1″ square. Then I like to replicate two times over (ctrl + left arrow)and 3 times down (ctrl + arrow down) and resize that to 5×7. Once printed, that gives me a nice sheet to play with. I find that my printer I need to tell it to print BEST or the colors get muddy.
This card started as black cs that got smeared with silver acrylic paint using an old credit card. Once dry I laid a stencil on top and spread red acrylic paint on one side then flipped the stencil with wet paint and laid that on the other side and pressed. Once dry, cut the piece in half and then trimmed down to fit. Added back in the trimmed silver cs that I added a Silhouette cut sentiment and then stamped in black flower centers. Then twine is silver thread (leftover from when my husband fly tied over 30 years ago).